Meshslap McLaren not so terrible?

Topic author
Darius01
New
New
Reactions:

Ranks

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:08 am

Downloaded a meshslap McLaren 570GT and the model itself turned out to be half decent although it was blatantly obvious it was a direct slap on the Civetta Bollide, a quick glance at the jbeams confirmed this. What this meant was 2 things:
1. I could use all my custom jbeams from the bollide
2. It inhereted every weird bug and glitch that most other meshslaps entail.

All that aside i worked on tweaking the suspension, the tyres and adding a 7 speed DSG with the actual McLaren gear ratios and a turbocharged engine. In a rush i knew the engine from the Civetta Bollide Evolution would serve as a good base, especially considering it had the exact sound I was after.
After playing around with a twin charged config I decided to keep it simple and stay turbo charged with one of my custom, fully variable turbo configs.
A quick few laps very found a weak point in the brakes venting so that was remedied and quickly ran into a need for abs so an adjustable ABS jbeam was made.
All in all it turned out pretty fun, handles decent enough and sounds mint.

Mtkush
Administration
Administration
Reactions:

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Very interesting! I actually have a Mclaren P1 sound in the MK Audio pack i believe. No current engine is calling on the sound so you would have to find out which .sfxblend.json is the P1.
Other than that awesome job! :character-oldtimer:
:naughty: Lookin at my signature huh :naughty:
Coolmaster Watercooler | Trident Z 16gb Ram 3200mhz | 250gb SSD Boot Drive |6TB HDD Mass Storage | 850W RGB Modular Power Supply | 5700XT 8GB Graphics Card | CoolMaster Tower | 6X Corsair 120mm RGB Fans

Yamaha
New
New
Reactions:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Would you mind sharing the modded mclaren darius?
Cheers

Topic author
Darius01
New
New
Reactions:

Ranks

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:04 am

Yamaha wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Would you mind sharing the modded mclaren darius?
Cheers
Normally no but send me through an email to kayno1993@gmail.com and I'll get to it on the weekend